Felton Institute is able to provide critical human services because we exist in a community of givers who support us so generously. Our team of giving employees, our generous donors, and our many faithful volunteers enable Felton to foster hope and dignity as we provide innovative, evidence-informed services to the countless individuals and families we serve.
The combined efforts of this giving community allow us to provide programs that promote community-building, remove barriers, and provide compassion and empathy to all our clients.
This past year, we have been able to extend services:
- Services are provided in 12 languages, including ASL (American Sign Language), to serve our Deaf and hard-of-hearing communities.
- Felton’s San Francisco Suicide Prevention program incorporated the national 988 crisis lifeline, answering an additional 18,000 calls to the suicide hotline’s annual 60,000 calls.
- Having completed the first year of operation at our new Solmar Childcare Center, where children and their families receive the skills and resources they need to lead healthy and successful lives, Felton began renovations on a building in Visitacion Valley that will enable us to expand our support of children and families in that community.
- Our Justice Services Division expanded services to include a Felton behavioral health team of 24-hour community responders who provide a de-escalating alternative in lieu of police response for more than 1,500 calls to date.
- Felton now offers transitional housing for formerly unhoused in San Francisco’s Bayview community and mentally incapacitated individuals facing criminal charges in Sonoma County.
- We initiated a program named LOSS to provide care to families who experienced loss resulting from the suicide of a family member and a support group for those who’ve survived a suicide attempt.
With continued contributions from our donors and funding partners, Felton Institute will advance our vision to drive positive and sustainable community-led change where all have equitable access to innovative, high-quality, evidence-informed services.
I humbly ask for your partnership and supportive donation on November 28th, the world celebration known as #Giving Tuesday. Together, we can make a difference supporting those in our many community programs, including Children, Youth and Family, Transitional Age Youth, Adult and Senior Services, Early Psychosis, and Justice Services.
A heartfelt thank you,
Embrace the spirit of generosity this Giving Tuesday with Felton Institute.
As we come together to celebrate community this holiday season, we offer gratitude to those who have uplifted and empowered their neighbors through donations and volunteerism. Everyone plays a role in the wellness of our community, and no donor, volunteer, or recipient of services lives in isolation from one another. This Giving Tuesday, stand with those around you and give together.
Those who are interested in joining Felton Institute’s #GivingTuesday initiative can visit felton.org/donate.
Felton Institute responds to the needs of our community by providing innovative, evidence-informed social services to transform lives. Our organization offers 50+ programs that address mental health, the unhoused, early care and education, those impacted by the justice system, transitional age youth, as well as aging adults. Our award-winning programs, which have been recognized as national models, combine the latest scientific research with cultural sensitivity and a deep commitment to supporting and reflecting the communities we serve.
Founded in 1889, Felton is the oldest secular non-profit social services provider in the City and County of San Francisco. We have expanded our services across most Bay Area counties and continue to be at the forefront of pioneering new approaches to meet the emerging needs of underserved populations.
We know what it looks like to successfully build community.
We foster impactful change by strengthening the community as a premiere service provider. We also strengthen other service providers by supporting them in their fiscal, human resources, communications, IT and overall agency operations. With Felton’s support, they are able to focus on providing the best services to their clients, doing the work they were meant to do.
Felton empowers the community and ensures successful outcomes to all we engage with.
Felton Institute is a tax-exempt organization registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit under EIN 94-1156530.