It’s been said, “the only constant is change.” As true as that may be, life still has some sort of predictable rhythm, or at least it used to. Crossing into 2022, however, feels like we are bombarded with an unpredictable stream of challenging news coming from all directions. Nevertheless, there is a silver lining; we at Felton Institute have maintained a network of like-minded persons across more than 50 programs who continue to help us serve the Bay Area’s most vulnerable populations.
Because of the financial support we received, 2021 was a wonderful year in the expansion of services by our organization. We want to extend a heartfelt thank you to all our supporters who trusted and invested in Felton’s mission and core values.
A highlight of some of our successful development activities in 2021 include:
- Expanding our development team to strengthen engagement, writing skills, and technical expertise
- Participating in events to support community awareness and education on Suicide Prevention and Mental Health
- Increasing our giving base by 37%
- Adding 20 new funders supporting our impactful programs
- Hosting campaigns for San Francisco Suicide Prevention (SFSP), Center for Reentry Excellence (CORE), Giving Tuesday, and Adopt an Angel
We have the great privilege of working with an incredible group of clients, participants, and staff, with a common desire to make our community a better place. We love being a part of it!
Your donations made it possible for us to serve more than 80,000 community members by directly helping us to:
- Increase our ability to provide essential behavioral health support via new technological support and software
- Respond to over 55,000 calls from those in crisis through our San Francisco Suicide Prevention program
- Utilize Felton’s Tech Squad – provided trainings to seniors, assisting them with connecting to the internet and essential services
- Increase support of client-facing activities such as toy giveaways, Back-to-School backpacks and supplies, food pantries, hygiene kits and educational opportunities
Community engagement and donations are crucial for keeping all of Felton Institute’s programs alive and operating. If you are as passionate as we are to continue this good work, please consider contributing to the services that provide innovative solutions for all community members. We can do none of it without you!
by Alisa Thorsen
About Felton Institute: Rooted in equity, Felton Institute transforms quality of life and promotes social justice to accelerate community led change. Felton Institute is a tax-exempt organization registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit under EIN 94-1156530.
Offering more than 50 acclaimed and honored programs that address homelessness, mental health, prenatal, adolescent, adult and senior needs, Felton Institute provides evidence-based behavioral health and social services in San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo, Marin, and Monterey counties.
Felton Institute can trace its roots back to 1889. The organization is named for its social services pioneer and executive director Dr. Katharine “Kitty” Felton who was called the “conscience of San Francisco” and was committed to ensuring that children and families in crisis have access to social services and resources in order to help them build upon their inherent strengths and develop self-sufficiency. www.felton.org